Miguel Antonio Galvez is the head of Quisumbing Torres’ Immigration Practice Group and a member of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He is also a member of the Healthcare and the Services industry groups in Manila. He is a member and an accredited arbitrator of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. He is also a member of the Immigration Lawyers Association of the Philippines.
Miguel Antonio’s practice includes immigration, commercial, criminal and administrative litigation, arbitration, anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance. With 15 years of experience, he has represented and advised various global and local clients in these areas. He has given various lectures in Mandatory Continuing Legal Education courses on the subject of immigration and remedial law. He has also lectured on the subject of anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise and represent a Spanish multinational company engaged in oil and gas exploration and production in a suit filed by an international environmental non-government agency before the Commission on Human Rights.
- Advise and represent two major international chemical companies in torts suits filed by banana plantation owners, which together possibly constitute the biggest damages/tort suits ever filed in the Philippines.
- Lead counsel for a leading manufacturer of construction equipment in several cases against non-paying customers.
- Advise and represent a local paper manufacturer in a high value insurance litigation case involving a machinery breakdown against several insurance companies.
- Act as lead defense counsel for a leading advertising agency in harassment criminal cases filed against company executives.
- Represent the Philippine subsidiary of a global supplier of automotive products in civil and criminal cases against a former executive involving misappropriated company assets and disclosure of company secrets.
- Defend the local entity of a global telemarketing and outsourcing company in an investigation led by government agencies involving fraudulent work visa applications that were filed under the client's name, by persons who were not the client's employees.
- Leading Individual in Immigration, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. - Member and Accredited Arbitrator
- Immigration Lawyers Association of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Philippines (2002)
- Ateneo de Manila University (J.D. Second Honors) (2001)
- Ateneo de Manila University (A.B. Philosophy) (1997)
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.