Miguel Antonio Galvez is the head of Quisumbing Torres’ Immigration Practice Group and a member of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He is also a member of the Healthcare and the Technology, Media & Telecommunications Industry Groups in Manila. He is a member of Baker McKenzie International's Global Immigration and Mobility Steering Committee, where he represents the Asia Pacific Region. Under his leadership, the Quisumbing Torres won the inaugural Immigration Law Firm of the Year (Philippines) 2017 award from Asia Legal Business. He is a member and an accredited arbitrator of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. He is also a member of the Immigration Lawyers Association of the Philippines.
Miguel has been recognized as a Leading Individual in Immigration by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2018.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise and represent a Spanish multinational company engaged in oil and gas exploration and production, in a suit filed by an international environmental non-government agency before the Commission on Human Rights.
- Advise and represent two major international chemical companies in torts suits filed by banana plantation owners, which together possibly constitute the biggest damages/tort suits ever filed in the Philippines.
- Advise and represent a leading manufacturer of construction equipment as lead counsel, in connection with its finance lease agreements, securities agreements, and claims against customers arising from such agreements.
- Represent the Philippine subsidiary of a global supplier of automotive products in civil and criminal cases against a former executive involving misappropriated company assets and disclosure of company secrets.
- Assist an American money transfer and payment services provider in several criminal cases involving fraud, data privacy and identity theft.
- Advise and represent a multinational distributor of food and health supplements in a criminal case for misappropriation of company assets against a former employee of the client.
- Act as lead defense counsel for a leading advertising agency in harassment criminal cases filed against company executives.
- Defend the local entity of a global outsourcing company in an investigation by government agencies involving fraudulent work visa applications that were filed under the client's name, by persons who were not the client's employees.
- Assist and represent the Philippines-based call center subsidiary of a US-based international apparel company in reporting and initiating an investigation with the Bureau of Immigration, regarding the filing of fraudulent and falsified immigration applications under the name of the client.
- Leading Individual in Immigration, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. - Member and Accredited Arbitrator
- Immigration Lawyers Association of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Philippines (2002)
- Ateneo de Manila University (JD Second Honors) (2001)
- Ateneo de Manila University (AB Philosophy) (1997)