Martin Furrer is a member of the Management Committee of the Zurich office. He co-heads the Firm’s Real Estate Transaction and Banking & Finance practice groups in Zurich. He is a member of the Europe Real Estate Steering Committee and a former member of the European Regional Council and the Policy Committee of Baker McKenzie International. He is ranked among the leading lawyers in his areas of practice by various publications, including Legal 500 and Chambers Europe. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Furrer worked for McKinsey & Company as a management consultant. He currently serves as a member of the board of directors of publicly listed and non-listed companies.
Mr. Furrer’s professional practice is focused on advising international clients in the areas of real estate and corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and capital markets.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as lead advisor for a consortium on the acquisition of a real estate portfolio consisting of office and commercial properties throughout Switzerland with a value exceeding CHF1’800 million.
- Acted as lead advisor for a publicly listed Swiss real estate company on the merger with another publicly listed real estate company thereby forming the largest real estate company in Switzerland.
- Acted as lead advisor in the demerger of a publicly listed company in an industrial and a real estate company.
- Acted as lead advisor for countless clients in sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions, private equity and real estate transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Switzerland (1994)
- INSEAD Business School (M.B.A.) (1996)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.) (1994)
- University of Zurich (lic. iur.) (1991)
Author, Commentary on articles 92-95 of the Swiss Merger Act, in: Stämpflis Handkommentar, Fusionsgesetz, 2nd Edition, 2015