Mag. Claudia Fochtmann-Tischler joined the Baker McKenzie Vienna office in 2021. She is member of the Baker McKenzie Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Vienna. Claudia has more than 10 years of experience advising clients in complex national and international corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions. From 2011 to 2021 she worked as an associate and then senior associate at one of the largest independent Austrian law firms, where Claudia advised national and international clients in all kinds of corporate matters, corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions with a strong track record in the banking sector. In 2013, she gained valuable experience in the legal department at a listed Austrian company in the textile industry.
Claudia is focused on mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and corporate law matters. She advises multinational and domestic clients on M&A transactions, complex corporate national and cross-border reorganizations, general corporate law matters and joint ventures.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the firm, Claudia handled among other the following representative legal matters:
- Advised a heterogeneous group of shareholders of an Austrian fund manufacturer and asset manager with respect to the sale of all shares to a German bank.
- Advised an Austrian bank regarding the sale and carve-out of its issuing and prepaid card business to another Austrian bank by way of a complex demerger and IT/IP carve out process.
- Advised in a precedent case of a cross-border merger of an Austrian bank (as transferring company) with a Luxembourg payment service provider (as acquiring company).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2015)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2010)
- Co-author (with Christian Zwick), "Pflichten und Haftung des Aufsichtsrats bei der Aufstellung des Jahresabschlusses," Albiez/Petutschnig/Wimpissinger , Handbuch Bilanz und Haftung, Verlag Österreich, 1. edition 2018
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.