Michael J. Fieweger
Mike has significant experience working with financial sponsors in connection with their acquisition and investment activities, as well as working with portfolio companies addressing their day to day legal issues. Mike also has substantial experience working with financial sponsors on advisor level strategic matters. He brings his experience as a banker with a division of JP Morgan Chase to bear in his advice to our private equity clients. Mike is the chair of the Firm's North American Private Equity Practice Group, a member of its Global Private Equity Steering Committee and past chair of the Firm's Global Private Equity Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
Selected recent private equity acquisition and investment transaction experience includes:
- Advised MiddleGround Capital in multijurisdictional carve out of PVI Holdings and W&O Supply from Pon Holdings.
- Advised One Equity Partners and its portfolio company, AMECO in acquisition of F&M Mafco.
- Advised MiddleGround Capital in acquisition of Race Winning Brands and subsequent roll-up of 4 aftermarket performance motor sports parts suppliers around the globe.
- Advised MiddleGround Capital in acquisition of automotive sensor provider, New Eagle LLC.
- Advised Arxada, a portfolio company of Bain Capital and Cinven, on acquisition of Enviro Tech Chemical.
- Advised One Equity Partners in carve-out acquisition of AMECO from Fluor Corporation.
- Advised MiddleGround Capital in carve-out acquisition of Benteler AG’s North American hot stamping business.
- Advised One Equity Partners in acquisition and subsequent exit from investment in semiconductor handling company, EPAK International.
- Advised Keesing, a BC Partners portfolio company, in acquisition of Kappa Publishing Group.
- Advised MiddleGround Capital on Section 363 acquisition of the assets Shiloh Industries out of bankruptcy.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- The Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (1994)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (1994)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A. Economics, cum laude) (1988)
- Debt Markets Volatility Hits PE Markets - Private Equity International, September 2022
- Carve-outs Continue to Fly - Private Equity International, March 2022
- Public Deals for Private Equity - Private Equity International, September 2021
- A Shift of Thinking for Debt Finance - Private Equity International, September 2020
- Keynote Interview - Markets Group New York Private Equity Conference - May 2022
- North America in the Context of Global Private Equity Trends - SuperReturn East, June 2019