Michael Fieweger represents private equity and venture capital funds, institutions, family offices and hedge funds and strategic acquirers in their formation and global acquisition and investment activities. Michael has a background in corporate finance, having previously served as a commercial lending officer with a division of JP Morgan Chase in Chicago. He is the chairman of the Firm's Global Private Equity Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
Michael's selected recent private equity acquisition and investment transaction experience includes:
- Represented CVC Capital Partners in leveraged buyout of Anchor Glass Container Corp.
- Represented One Equity Partners in acquisition of the New Bakery business from Wendy's Corporation.
- Represented Knowles Electronics in disposition of its mobile consumer electronics business.
- Represented One Equity Partners in acquisition of Sonneborn LLC.
- Represented One Equity Partners in investment in Grupo Phoenix Holdings.
- Represented Priceline Ventures in investment in Brazilian online travel company Hotel Urbano.
- Represented PBM Capital in acquisition of BREAS Medical from GE Medical and subsequent sale of majority stake to Fosun Medical.
- Represented Panattoni Group in USD 1.2 billion real estate joint venture with California State Teachers Retirement System.
- Represented APTA Capital in formation and financing of Global Restaurant Group Ltd.
- Represented Hallick Holdings & Investments in sale of CPM Marketing Group to Vestar Capital Partners.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois Venture Capital Association - Member
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce - Member of Board and Executive Committee
- Illinois~United States (1994)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. Charles Cheney Hyde Award in International Law) (1994)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A. Economics cum laude) (1988)