Georgie practises in commercial disputes, with a particular focus on regulatory disputes and investigations. This includes civil actions, criminal prosecutions and investigations by regulatory bodies where she represents both companies and individuals. Georgie also assists companies in developing their compliance programs including in relation to anti-bribery, fraud and whistleblowing. Georgie has previously worked on secondment for a regulator in the UK Listing Authority's Enforcement Team and for HSBC's compliance team. Georgie has advised in relation to matters involving the Australian Federal Police, the NSW Police, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, the Independent Commission Against Corruption, the UK Serious Fraud Office and the US Department of Justice.
Representative Legal Matters
Compliance and investigations
- Acting for an individual in long-running bribery and false accounting investigation by AFP and ASIC, including advising in relation to s. 19 and s. 33 ASIC notices and induced interviews with AFP.
- Advising medical devices company in relation to internal investigation and communications with Therapeutic Goods Administration in relation to supply of a registered product.
- Advising pharmaceutical company in relation to regulator criminal investigation and seizure of documents.
- Advising medical devices company in relation to anti-bribery risks relating to supply arrangements with hospitals.
- Advising Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation on anti-bribery due diligence in relation to acquisition of CFSGAM.
- Advising Hitachi in relation to anti-bribery and anti-trust elements of compliance program.
- Acting for investment advisory company in relation to ASIC investigation of alleged market manipulation and review and revision of all internal employee policies and training.
- Acting for company in internal investigation relating to fraudulent conduct by an employee within finance department and updating compliance procedures in response.
- Acting for a company and its employees in connection with an investigation by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.
- Advising companies and individuals in relation to responding to regulator requests for documents, information and interviews including in relation to issue of self-incrimination and privilege.
- Band 2, Anti-Bribery & Corruption (Australia), Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Governance Risk Compliance Institute - Member
- Transparency International - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Society of England & Wales
- New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1998)
- Bristol University (LLB Hons)