Georgie practises in commercial disputes, with a particular focus on regulatory disputes and investigations. This includes civil actions, criminal prosecutions and investigations by regulatory bodies where she represents both companies and individuals. Georgie also assists companies in developing their compliance programs including in relation to anti-bribery, fraud and whistleblowing. Georgie has previously worked on secondment for a regulator in the UK Listing Authority's Enforcement Team and for HSBC's compliance team. Georgie has advised in relation to matters involving the Australian Federal Police, the NSW Police, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, the Independent Commission Against Corruption, the UK Serious Fraud Office and the US Department of Justice.
Representative Legal Matters
Compliance and investigations
- Advising medical devices company in relation to internal investigation and communications with Therapeutic Goods Administration in relation to supply of a registered product.
- Advising pharmaceutical company in relation to dawn raid and subsequent regulator criminal investigation.
- Acting for an individual in relation to ASIO search warrants and subsequent legal issues.
- Acting for an individual in long-running bribery and false accounting investigation by AFP and ASIC, including advising in relation to s. 19 and s. 33 ASIC notices and induced interviews with AFP.
- Acting for former director of superannuation company in relation to ASIC "fee for no service" investigation.
- Advising medical devices company in relation to anti-bribery risks relating to supply arrangements with hospitals.
- Acting for company in internal investigation relating to fraudulent conduct by an employee within finance department and updating compliance procedures in response.
- Acting for a company and its employees in connection with an investigation by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.
- Acting for investment advisory company in relation to ASIC investigation of alleged market manipulation and review and revision of all internal employee policies and training.
- Acting for Suez in successfully defending urgent interlocutory injunction proceedings commenced by Veolia in the Federal Court in relation to proposed Cleanaway transaction and Veolia hostile takeover bid for Suez.
- Acting for William Morris Entertainment in successfully striking out proceedings commenced in the NSW Supreme Courts in relation to alleged contractual claims.
- Acting for Home Consortium in proceedings in the Victorian Supreme Court and Court of Appeal in relation to a dispute with a head landlord and another tenant arising from alleged breach of contract and misleading or deceptive conduct.
- Acting for SPI Energy in urgent Federal Court proceedings in relation to disputed rights issue.
- Acting for AMP Capital Investors in NSW Supreme Court proceedings in claims against traffic forecasters for misleading or deceptive conduct and professional negligence arising from infrastructure investments in the Lane Cove Tunnel.
- Acting for FremantleMedia in relation to obtaining freezing injunction in aid of proceedings in People's Republic of China against allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty against former employee.
- Acting for Coffey Projects in relation to misleading or deceptive conduct, negligence and contractual claims in NSW Supreme Court arising from fraudulent investments.
- Acting for Oaks Hotels in proceedings in Queensland Supreme Court in relation to misleading or deceptive conduct, breaches of fiduciary and directors duties and contractual disputes.
- Acting for an Australian financial services licensee in relation to claims arising from fraudulent conduct by an authorised representative, including liaising with ASIC and obtaining freezing injunctions.
- Band 2, Anti-Bribery & Corruption (Australia), Chambers Asia Pacific 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Governance Risk Compliance Institute - Member
- Transparency International - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Society of England & Wales
- New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1998)
- Bristol University (LLB Hons)