Georgie focuses on commercial disputes, including multijurisdictional disputes, civil and criminal actions relating to financial services and financial products, and internal investigations. She also advises on compliance and regulatory issues such as anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, whistleblowing and regulatory investigations. Georgie has advised in relation to matters involving the Australian Federal Police, the NSW Police, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, the Independent Commission Against Corruption, the UK Serious Fraud Office and the US Department of Justice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a listed company in relation to obtaining freezing injunction in the NSW Supreme Court, in aid of prospective proceedings in China against allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty against a former employee.
- Acted for two international banks in interconnected proceedings in Australia and China in relation to the suspension of payments under letters of credit following allegations of fraud.
- Acted for trustees in NSW Supreme Court proceedings in claims against traffic forecasters for misleading and deceptive conduct as well as negligence arising from infrastructure investments in the Lane Cove Tunnel.
- Acted for a multinational hotel developer in proceedings in Queensland Supreme Court in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct, breaches of fiduciary and directors' duties, and contractual disputes.
- Acted for a multinational development company in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct, negligence and contractual claims in the NSW Supreme Court arising from allegedly fraudulent investments.
- Acted for a financial services licensee in relation to claims arising from fraudulent conduct by an authorised representative, including liaising with ASIC and obtaining freezing injunctions.
- Acted for a financial services licensee in relation to an insurance claim arising from conduct of the licensee's authorised representative.
- Advised an Australian listed company in relation to breach of warranty and insurance claims arising from unit mispricing issues.
- Advised a group of employees of an Australian listed construction company in relation to an internal investigation and subsequently acting for one of the employees in relation to bribery investigations by the Australian Federal Police and ASIC.
- Band 2, Anti-Bribery & Corruption (Australia), Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Governance Risk Compliance Institute - Member
- Transparency International - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Society of England & Wales
- New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1998)
- University of Nottingham (Legal Practice Course) (1995)
- Bristol University (LL.B.) (1994)