Arantxa Ereche graduated from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School in 2018, and joined the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Group in Santiago as a junior associate in March of 2019.
Ms. Ereche has been a teaching assistant for civil law at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School since 2019. Previously, she had been a teaching assistant for public law practice (2018) and international public law (2016) at the same university.
Ms. Ereche focuses on litigation and arbitration, with an emphasis on the areas of civil, commercial, construction and technology matters. She has participated in wide-ranging disputes related to breach and termination of contracts, infrastructure projects and EPC contracts, technology, restructuring and insolvency, among others, advising Chilean and international companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the representation of an Italian construction company in a domestic arbitration regarding the breach of an EPC contract, additional works, compensation, and deadline extension: USD 180 million.
- Participated in the judicial restructuration of the assets and liabilities of a Chilean mining company.
- Participated in the defense of a Polish mining company in a commercial litigation regarding pre-contractual liability.
- Participated in the defense of a multinational North American tech-manufacturer company in a commercial litigation regarding product liability, breach and termination of contracts.
- Participated in the representation of a local company who owns a shopping center in a domestic arbitration regarding the validity of an option agreement.
- Chile (2020)
- Geneva Center of International Dispute Settlement and University of Geneva (Specialization Course Latin American International Arbitration Course) (2020)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (LL.B.) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.