Ingy El Kady
Helmy, Hamza and Partners
Ingy is a senior associate in the corporate practice group. She has experience in advising both buy-side and sell-side parties in various types local and cross-border transactions. Ingy has also advised clients on tax efficient structures in the context of pre-transactional work.
Ingy practice focuses on M&A, joint ventures and Corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Ingy handled the following matters:
- Advising Infinity Power Holding on the acquisition of various renewable energy sites in South Africa.
- Advising Infinity Energy on the issuance of primary shares to the European Bank for Development and Reconstruction. The transaction involved various arrangements between the two parties considering the nature of the investor.
- Advising Infinity Energy on its joint venture arrangements with Masdar, the Abu Dhabi renewable energy investment arm, and the establishment of their joint venture company "Infinity Power".
The transaction entailed the restructuring of the whole Infinity group and the transfer of various assets and the acquisition of new assets under the new umbrella of the JV.
- Advising EFG Hermes on the acquisition of a stake in Option Travel, a transportation company in Egypt.
- Advising Ekuity Holding, the Kuwait investment arm in Egypt on the acquisition of a minority stake in Alunile from Ezdehar, a private equity fund.
- Advising Family Transport on the sale of primary and secondary shares in the company to Ezdehar.
- Advising Family Transport on the purchase of electric buses and the supply of the buses to Orascom for the purpose of developing the area of the Great Pyramids of Giza.
- Egypt (2018)
- Panthéon-Sorbonne University - Paris 1 (Maitrise 1 in law - International Business law institute) (2015)
- Cairo University (Bachelor's degree in law - L.L.B) (2015)
- Panthéon-Sorbonne University - Paris 1 (Bachelor's degree in law - L.L.B) (2014)
- Co-author, "The Mergers and Acquisitions Review - Egypt Chapter," Law Reviews, September 2018
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.