Michael Doumet joined Baker McKenzie in 2023 as Partner. He practices in the Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions Group of the Paris office.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Michael Doumet practised for more than eight years at Weil, Gotshal & Manges in the Private Equity / M&A Group in Paris. Michael has also previously worked in the London and Beirut offices of two leading US firms.
Michael focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, with particular emphasis on leveraged buyouts, private acquisitions, hostile takeovers and divestitures, both domestic and cross-border.
Michael regularly represents corporate and private equity clients in the healthcare/pharmaceuticals, TMT, energy and chemicals industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the EUR 3.6 billion reorganization of Elsan Group alongside KKR, Téthys and management (Healthcare)*
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the EUR 2.2 billion sale of the Parex Group to Sika AG (Construction chemicals)*
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the EUR 1.2 billion acquisition of Linxens from Astorg (Smartcard connectors)*
- Advised Téthys, CPPIB and Montagu on the EUR 2.2 billion reorganization of the Galileo Group (Education)*
- Advised InfraVia on the setup and acquisition of a radiotherapy business (Healthcare)*
- Advised Montefiore and LFPI on the sale of Interflora to PAI Partners (Flowers)*
- Advised Orange on the EUR 2.6 billion set up and sale of 50% of Orange Concessions to CDC, CNP Assurances and EDF (Fiber optic)*
- Advised Orange on the contemplated disposal of a business division (Entertainment)*
- Advised Orange on the contemplated bid for the acquisition of 45% of TDF (TowerCo)*
- Advised Vinci on the EUR 5 billion acquisition of the energy business of ACS (Energy and construction)*
* Matters handled prior to joining Baker McKenzie
- New York~United States (2015)
- Paris~France (2014)
- Beirut~Lebanon (2012)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M. in Corporate, M&A and Securities Law) (2014)
- University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (Master's Degree in Banking and Financial Law) (2012)
- Saint-Joseph University of Beirut (Master's Degree in General Private Law) (2011)
- Saint-Joseph University of Beirut (Bachelor's Degree in Law) (2008)