Caroline dos Santos is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Litigation & Dispute Resolution department in Geneva. She studied law at the Universities of Lausanne and Geneva. She holds an LL.M. from University College London (summa cum laude).
Prior to joining the Firm, she worked as an associate in a major law firm in Geneva.
Caroline was admitted to the bar in 2016.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chambre de Commerce Brésil-Suisse
- Fédération Suisse des Avocats (FSA)
- Ordre des Avocats (ODA)
- Switzerland (2016)
- University College London (LL.M.) (2017)
- University of Geneva (Certificate of Advanced Studies in Legal Professions) (2014)
- University of Lausanne (Master of Law) (2014)
- University of Lausanne (Bachelor of Law) (2012)
- Co-author, "Impact of Radical Changes of Circumstances on Contractual Relationships Under Swiss Law and English Law: Tomato-Tomato?", Business Law Review by Kluwer Law, Vol. 44. Issue 2, 2023
- Author, " Rewriting investors’ claim labelled in USD in near worthless Syrian pounds not extra petita or violation of public policy," ASA Bulletin, Volume 40, No. 1, 2022
- Co-author, "Banking and finance disputes: To arbitrate or not to arbitrate, that is the question," SZW/RSDA, Revue Suisse de droit des affaires et du marché financier (RSDA), issue 4/2020
- Author, "Chronique de jurisprudence suisse – Loi fédérale sur le droit international privé (LDIP) (2011-2019) (2e partie),", Journal du droit international (Clunet), 2020
- Author, "Arbitration law reform in Switzerland: William Tell’s apple-shot?" Revista Brasileira de Arbitragem, Volume XVI, No. 61, 2019
- Author, "European Court of Human Rights rules upon sports-related decision: Switzerland condemned," ASA Bulletin, Volume 37, No. 1, 2019