Maria Elena Dörr
Servicios Legales Baker McKenzie SpA
Maria Elena Dörr joined the Firm in 2012 as an associate in the Corporate group in Santiago. She has over 15 years of experience in real estate, corporate, and M&A transactions, as well as notable experience in international banking. In 2012, Ms. Dörr was recognized by Chambers as an Associate to Watch for her work in real estate law. She serves as a law professor at Universidad de Andres Bello.
Ms. Dörr's practice focuses on corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate law, specifically in real estate development and agriculture projects. She has also advised important international banks in Chile and the United States on a range of legal matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as part of the team counseling Atlantia SpA in the sale of a 49.99 percent stake in Chile’s Costanera Group to the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), valued at USD1.15 billion.
- Advised the electrical products provider WESCO in its successful purchase of EECOL Electric Corporation for approximately USD1.16 billion.
- Advised hydroelectric and eolic companies in both corporate and real estate aspects in relation to the development of the acquisition of properties for the development of electric generation projects.
- Chile (1998)
- University of Chicago Law School (LL.M.) (2003)
- American Institute of Legal Education (Course Legal Education) (2000)
- Pontificia University Catolica de Chile (LL.B.) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.