Maria Elena Dörr joined the Firm in 2012 as an associate in the Corporate group in Santiago. She has over 15 years of experience in real estate, corporate, and M&A transactions, as well as notable experience in international banking. In 2012, Ms. Dörr was recognized by Chambers as an Associate to Watch for her work in real estate law. She serves as a law professor at Universidad de Andres Bello.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as part of the team counseling Atlantia SpA in the sale of a 49.99 percent stake in Chile’s Costanera Group to the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), valued at USD1.15 billion.
- Advised the electrical products provider WESCO in its successful purchase of EECOL Electric Corporation for approximately USD1.16 billion.
- Advised hydroelectric and eolic companies in both corporate and real estate aspects in relation to the development of the acquisition of properties for the development of electric generation projects.
- Chile (1998)
- University of Chicago Law School (LL.M.) (2003)
- American Institute of Legal Education (Course Legal Education) (2000)
- Pontificia University Catolica de Chile (LL.B.) (1997)