Representative Legal Matters
Represented a refinery and terminal operations company and affiliates in its Chapter 11 reorganization involving USD 100 million sale of Texas oil refinery and disposition of cross-border claims.
Represented the Indenture Trustee in in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of the owners and developers of a 400-acre project in Polk County, Florida.
Represented the secured creditor, stalking horse bidder and ultimate purchaser of a famous mansion in Miami Beach.
Represented a bank holding company and affiliates in Chapter 11 cases and related litigation.
Represented lender on a USD 70 million preferred ship mortgage with respect to the Chapter 7 bankruptcy of the borrowers, the arrest of the vessels in admiralty and related litigation under the WARN Act.
Represented Indenture Trustee with respect to bond indebtedness in excess of USD 71 million, with respect to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a developer holding in excess of 120 acres of land in Miami, financed by community development district bonds to fund the infrastructure improvements.
Represented Indenture Trustee with respect to 11 bond issuances, with aggregate bond indebtedness in excess of USD 106 million, with respect to Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a master planned residential community comprised of nearly 4,000 zoned acres of land in Naples, Florida, financed by community development district bonds to fund the infrastructure improvements
Represented an American multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate and a tabloid news website with respect to legal actions brought by Trustee for a corporation in connection with the alleged publication of manuscript of a famous book.
Represented group of aircraft purchasers in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of a jet aircraft manufacturer.
Represented group of off-track betting facilities in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of a national owner and operator of horse racetracks.
Represented lender on a USD 119 million mortgage loan with respect to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of the borrowers, owners of a hotel, two condominium projects, tax credits and some land, in San Juan, P.R.
- Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Lawyer," 2020
- Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Up and Comer," 2017-2019
- Winner, Daily Business Review, "Most Effective Lawyers," 2018
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2013-2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida - Member
- Leadership Miami Committee - Member
- Florida~United States
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida~United States
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida~United States
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida~United States
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit~United States
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (JD, cum laude) (2006)
- Harvard University (BA, cum laude) (2001)
- Co-author, "Questions Left Unanswered in High Court's Arkison Ruling," Law360, June 2014
- Speaker, "The Bankruptcy Trustee vs. Uncle Sam: Dividing the Proceeds of the Crime," ABI's 2020 Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, February 2020