She has a fair understanding of the interplay between VAT and customs, which has sparked her interest in the consumer goods and trade industry sectors, as well as motivated her to keep abreast of related developments in order to be well-positioned to expeditiously advise clients on the implications arising from the cross-border movement of goods, cross-border supply of services, provision of digital services and other related issues.
Her role in the Johannesburg Tax Practice Group also extends to other industry sectors, allowing her to deal with various complex indirect tax concerns affecting clients, as well as their day-to-day needs in ensuring compliance with South African VAT and customs requirements, representation in client dealings with the South African Revenue Service, and mitigation of indirect tax risks.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised various clients on the restructure of local and foreign investments.*
- Advised clients on various matters under the jurisdiction of the Master of the High Court in relation to trusts and estates, including estate-reporting, trustee changes, trust deed amendments.*
- Assisted clients with trust applications.
- Assisted in advising clients on challenging the imposition of anti-dumping duties.
- Assisted in advising client in relation to a deal structure for the importation of booster vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 into South Africa.
- Assisted and advised clients in relation to applications for tax exemption under the public benefit organisation dispensation.*
- Assisted in direct and indirect tax controversy, and liaising with the South African Revenue Service in relation to various matters.
* Experience obtained prior to joining Baker McKenzie in current role
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Practice Council of South Africa
- South Africa (2022)
- The Tax Faculty (Professional Certificate in Estate and Trust Administration) (2021)
- University of Johannesburg (LLM Commercial Law) (2019)
- University of Johannesburg (Bachelor of Laws) (2018)
- University of Johannesburg (Bachelor of Commerce) (2015)