Simon De Young, a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Melbourne office and is head of Baker McKenzie's Australian Private Equity Group. He has over 20 years' experience in private equity, public and private treaty M&A and equity capital markets transactions gained in working in Baker & McKenzie's Melbourne and London offices.
Simon specialises in advising private equity funds and companies in connection with a variety of domestic and cross-border complex business transactions. These include mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, capital markets matters and corporate restructurings. Simon has experience in a wide variety of industries, including education, consumer goods, digital infrastructure, transport/logistics and renewable energy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising private equity firms and other investment managers in connection with the acquisition, management and disposal of their Australian and international investments
- Advising multinational corporations on market leading domestic and cross-border acquisitions and disposals
- Advising on major mergers, including by way of scheme of arrangement
- Advising financial sponsors on the management of their portfolio investments, including follow-on investments and acquisitions
- Acting on a broad range of capital raising transactions
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Venture Capital Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
- Victoria~Australia (1999)
- Melbourne University (LL.B. Honors) (1997)
- Melbourne University (B.A.) (1997)