Andrew Crousore — recognized as a leading lawyer in Chambers USA — works primarily on corporate taxation matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Crousore served as member of the Internal Revenue Service’s District Counsel office. His experience includes acting as lead trial in a number of domestic and international cases in the United States Tax Court. Mr. Crousore is a member of the American Bar Association (Section on Taxation) and the State Bar of California.
Mr. Crousore focuses his practice on tax controversies involving a wide range of issues — from transfer pricing to the research and development of credit. Mr. Crousore also advises US and international tax examiners during tax audits.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Seagate Technology, Inc. v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 2000-388 (2000), T.C. Memo 2000-261 (2000).
- Represented Electronic Arts, Inc. v. Commissioner, 118 T.C. No. 13 (2002).
- Represented Adobe Systems, Inc. v. Commissioner, T.C. No. 3441-01 .
- Represented Autodesk, Inc. v. Commissioner, T.C. No. 23079-97.
- Represented Veritas Software Corporation & Subsidiaries, Symatec Corporation (Successor in Interest to Veritas Softwared Corporation & Subsidiaries) v. Commissioner, T.C. No. 12075-06.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Section on Taxation
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2003)
- California~United States (1999)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (1999)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (1995)
- Ohio~United States (1994)
- Georgetown University (LL.M. Taxation) (1995)
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law (J.D.) (1994)
- Wabash College (B.A. Economics) (1991)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.