Juan Pedro is a Team Leader in the area of Criminal Litigation, Compliance & Investigations. His work mainly focuses on providing individuals and companies with advice regarding corporate crime, tax crimes, workers' rights, environmental law, fraud, as well as pre-litigation and preventive advice on criminal law, compliance and internal investigations.
In addition, Juan Pedro has extensive experience in international legal cooperation, extraditions and European arrest warrants.
Juan Pedro leads Baker McKenzie's Working Group on European Public Prosecution Office and he is a member of its multidisciplinary Cybersecurity and Compliance Team.
Juan Pedro is Professor in the Master's program for Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICAI-ICADE), and also Professor in the Master's program on Cybercrime at Universidad de la Rioja (UNIR).
Juan Pedro joined Baker McKenzie in April 2016. He began his professional career in 2010, as an associate in a law firm specialized in criminal matters. After two years at that firm, he joined the area of Criminal Litigation, Compliance & Investigations at another renowned firm, where he continued in the field of economic crimes for four years, until he joined Baker McKenzie in 2017.
Over his professional career, Juan Pedro has participated in numerous highly mediatized cases, both as defender and prosecutor, they include: the Gürtel Case, the "Trama Púnica" case, the case involving collective redundancies in Andalusia, the CaixaNova case, the ZED Case, Bankia's IPO case, the "Operación Libero" case, and the Bandenia case. He has also defended several soccer players in criminal proceedings, such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, Fabio Coentrao or Ricardo Carvalho.
He is a member of the advisory teams for several large multinational firms, such as Amazon, Google, Twitter and Siemens, providing them with counsel on compliance and crime prevention.
- Madrid~Spain (2010)
- Comillas Pontifical University (ICADE) (Law Degree) (2010)
- Comillas Pontifical University (ICADE) (Program Business Studies) (2010)
- Author, "Treatise on Economic Criminal Law", Tirant lo Blanch.
- Author, "Video surveillance cameras in the automotive sector: legal, illegal or unregulated?", La Ley (legal press), No. 10028, Opinion Section, Wolters Kluwer.
- Author, "Comments on Constitutional Court Judgment 180/2020, of December 14: Constitutional doctrine on the rights to information and access to the proceedings in the context of pre-trial detention incidents", La Ley (legal press), No. 9877, Opinion Section, Wolters Kluwer.
- Author, "The compliance expert system: specific features of the Bankia Case", La Ley (legal press), No. 9750, Opinion Section, Wolters Kluwer.
- Author, "A more lenient regime for pretrial detention", Almacén de Derecho (legal press)
- Author, "Practical aspects of testifying in Spain, England and Wales and the use of European Investigation Orders", La Ley (legal press) No. 9706, Opinion Section, Thomson Reuters Aranzadi.