Baker McKenzie Madrid S.L.P.
Roberto Concha has more than 20 years of experience focusing mainly on a range of corporate and M&A transactions, both domestic and cross-border. Particularly recognized for his technical skills, he has taken up the role of KM Partner of the Madrid office as from 2016 and is the head of Quality and Training in the Madrid Corporate Department. Mr. Concha is a regular lecturer in the Carlos III University (LLM in access to the lawyer profession) and author of several legal publications. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2008 and is a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 2000.
He has an extensive expertise in a wide variety of corporate work, focusing on domestic and cross-border M&A deals, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the sellers in the sale of Sanifit Therapeutics to Vifor Pharma, in what has become the largest exit of a biotech company in Spain.
- Advised FROB in the privatisation of one of the Spanish bailout banks.
- Advised Sareb in the first big sale of a real estate portfolio through a bank assets fund (Fondo de Activos Bancarios - FAB).
- Acted for sellers in the sale process of Forlasa.
- Advised on the acquisition of a majority stake in High Tech Hotels (Petit Palace).
- Advised FCC Versia on the transfer of its “off street” parking business to Mutua Madrilena.
- Advised Banco Popular on its capital increase, accelerated book building and issuance of subordinated convertible bonds.
- Advised Paternina on its delisting process, including a public takeover bid by its majority shareholder.
- Represented Campofrio on its merger and integration process with Group Smithfield.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association - Member
- Spain (2000)
- IE Business School (LLM in Business Law) (2000)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Law Degree) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.