Debbie Cheung, a partner in the Firm’s Hong Kong office, practices in the area of real estate law. Since 2004, Ms. Cheung has been consistently recognized by Asia Pacific Legal 500 as one of the leading real estate lawyers in Hong Kong. PLC Which Lawyer? also recommends her in the field of corporate real estate. Ms. Cheung is a graduate of the University of Hong Kong, and was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 1985.
Ms. Cheung focuses her practice on property-related matters, including development and project work, conveyancing, mortgages, landlord and tenant agreements, tenders and auctions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the manager of Regal Real Estate Investment Trust on the property aspects of its acquisition of a 25-floor commercial building (part of which to be converted .to hotel use).
- Advising the manager of Champion Real Estate Investment Trust on the property aspects of the REITs initial public offering and acquisition of Langham Place Mall & Office Tower.
- Advising the manager of Prosperity Real Estate Investment Trust on the property aspects of the REITs initial public offering.
- Advising Fortune Real Estate Investment Trust on the property aspects of its two acquisitions of altogether nine retail shopping malls in Hong Kong.
- Acting for Link Real Estate Investment Trust in reviewing title to properties.
- Acting for various trust funds in their acquisitions and disposals of properties.
- Advising on property aspect of various securitization deals.
- Acting for internal and local clients and developers in negotiating Government lease conditions with the Hong Kong Government.
- Acting for major banks in numerous cases including purchasing and selling of bank properties, legal charges, building mortgages and approving tenancies.
- Acting for corporate clients in numerous sales and purchases, tenders and auctions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1989)
- Hong Kong (1985)
- Australian Capital Territory (inactive)~Australia
- Singapore (inactive)~Singapore
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1983)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1982)