Rachael is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London. Prior to joining the team in January 2020, Rachael worked at a specialist dispute resolution firm in London and a leading New Zealand legal firm.
Rachael has a broad commercial practice with a focus on complex multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie Rachael's experience included:
- Representing CIS-clients in complex multi-party litigation involving multiple English and Ukrainian law claims, counterclaims and additional claims pertaining to the disputed ownership of various assets worth up to USD 2 billion.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in Commercial Court proceedings alleging breach of contract and tortious duties of care in relation to the management and commercial charter of a private jet.
- Advising a global investment bank on a number of commercial disputes.
- Acting for a group of claimants seeking to recover losses in relation to a fraudulent investment scheme orchestrated by a partner of a law firm.
- Representing a vendor in a failed high-value property transaction in the New Zealand High Court and Court of Appeal.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New Zealand - Member
- High Court of New Zealand (2013)
- University of Otago (Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Arts in Geography)
- College of Law, New Zealand (Professional Legal Studies)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.