Emma joined Baker McKenzie in 2015 as a graduate. Prior to this, Emma worked for a boutique law firm in Melbourne while studying.
Emma is a senior associate and has a general practice in employment, workplace relations and occupational health and safety laws.
Emma is based in Baker McKenzie's Melbourne office, and has also spent time in our Frankfurt and London offices.
Emma has worked with clients in the retail, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and financial services industries. She has provided advice on employment issues and work health and safety obligations. She also has experience in litigation, including in contested employment and occupational health-related matters and coronial inquests.
Emma is a volunteer lawyer with Refugee Legal. She has advised pro bono clients on various sectors regarding workplace relations issues and the drafting of employment contracts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on general workplace relations issues such as pay, awards, discrimination, unfair dismissal, leave and termination.
- Advising on and assisting with employment-related disputes.
- Advising on work health and safety obligations, including regarding compliance, risk assessment and specific industry requirements.
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts.
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and materials for employment and work health and safety training.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Victoria (2015)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2015)
- College of Law (Grad DipLP) (2015)
- Monash University (BA/LL.B. Hons 2014)