Pietro Bernasconi heads the Corporate & Commercial and M&A practice groups of Baker McKenzie's Italian offices, and is a member of the Firm's EMEA Corporate & Commercial M&A Steering Committee.
Mr. Bernasconi is highly knowledgeable about various legal issues, particularly in the real estate, media and corporate sectors. He advises Italian and multinational companies on acquisitions, reorganizations, commercial issues and capital market transactions. He also provides assistance to leading corporations and financial institutions in initial public offerings and capital increases.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised various Italian and international corporations and financial institutions on domestic and cross-border transactions.
- Assisted Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, a leading Italian coffee producer and distributor, with a turnover in excess of EUR1 billion, in connection with the initial public offering of the ordinary shares of the Group.
- Assisted Statuto Group in the acquisition of a real estate asset in Rome (W Hotel) and issuance of a bond listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange.
- Assisted Banca IMI in connection with the EUR500 million capital increase of Società Cattolica di Assicurazione.
- Assisted Atlas Copco in the acquisition of 100 percent of the corporate capital of Varisco, an Italian pump manufacturer with a global sales network.
- Assisted Benetton Group in the acquisition and/or leasing of flagship stores at international level.
- Assisted Toksöz Group/ Sanset, one of the leading private groups in Turkey, in the acquisition of Pernigotti, the historical Italian brand in the confectionery business, from Fratelli Averna.
- Italy (1992)
- Catholic University of S. Cuore (M.C.L., Honors) (1986)