Dr. Nicolai Behr
Nicolai Behr is a senior associate and compliance and dispute resolution attorney in the Firm’s Munich office. He is a member of the steering committee of GlobalComplianceNews, a compliance news website with global reach moderated by Baker McKenzie. He is a member of the committee "International" of the German Institute for Compliance. Nicolai is a regular speaker on compliance and white collar topics.
Nicolai assists clients in a broad range of compliance and dispute resolution matters including internal investigations, anti-corruption due diligence, corporate compliance, risk minimization strategies and related civil litigation. He also focuses on corporate litigation and commercial litigation and arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinated a global compliance audit for a German manufacturer.
- Assisted a German service provider in an FCPA-related internal investigation.
- Conducted an internal investigation in Asia for a German manufacturer.
- Conducted an internal investigation in Asia for a Swiss manufacturer.
- Conducted domestic and international internal investigations for several DAX or US-based companies.
- Implemented compliance organization and anti-corruption policies for several companies.
- Analyzed legal issues with respect to allegations of bribery.
- Implemented business partner policies and compliance review of high risk intermediaries.
- Regularly advises on legal issues in connection with internal investigations.
- Represented a German manufacturer in a major post-M&A dispute.
- Germany (2011)
- University of Passau (Dr. iur) (2009)
- University of Passau (2007)
- New York