Dr. Nicolai Behr
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern
Nicolai is a partner in the Dispute Resolution group of Baker McKenzie, a member of the Global Investigations, Compliance and Ethics Steering Committee and co-heads the Investigations, Compliance and Ethics practice in Germany. Nicolai is a regular speaker and author on compliance, white collar crime, innovation and legal tech topics. He is the inventor of the automated risk assessment and risk monitoring platform Compliance Cockpit and the founder of Global Compliance News. Nicolai is the editor of the knowledge platforms Compliance Lexikon and Litigation Lexikon.
Nicolai assists clients in a broad range of compliance and dispute resolution matters with a focus on internal investigations. The internal investigations cover a variety of topics including allegations for corruption, fraud, product compliance violations, discrimination, cyber and other white collar crimes. The prevention services include advice on the implementation of effective and digitized compliance programs including whistleblowing, corporate compliance, risk minimization strategies, money laundering issues, KYC checks and related civil litigation. He also focuses on corporate and commercial litigation, in particular with a tech focus and mass litigation cases. He develops innovative and digitized legal and compliance processes and scalable legal solutions and applications.
Representative Legal Matters
- Implemented comprehensive, global and automated Compliance Management Systems using the Compliance Cockpit for numerous major companies on all continents covering anti-corruption, antitrust, sanctions, data privacy, customs and fraud topics.
- Regular internal investigations for multiple DAX 40 companies on various topics.
- Global lead KYC checks for M&A transactions for DAX 40 company.
- Lead for domestic and international internal investigations and onsite audits for companies on (healthcare) corruption, fraud and product compliance topics.
- Project lead for mass litigation proceedings.
- Lead in multimillion disputes after cyber and fraud attacks.
- Lead in multimillion dispute with a service provider following an initial coin offering.
- Next generation partners in compliance, Legal 500 Europe 2021/22
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Litigation 2021
- Top lawyer 2021, Wirtschaftswoche 2021
- Germany (2011)
- University of Passau (Dr. iur) (2009)
- University of Passau (2007)
- New York
- Co-editor (with Robin Hass and Marleen Ellinger), "The government draft for a whistleblowing act - the 15 most important questions for companies", DB 2022, 2137
- Co-publisher (with Felix Ruhmannseder and Georg Krakow), Handbook "Hinweisgebersysteme - Implementierung in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz," 2nd edition of the Müller C.F. Wirtschaftsrecht series, June 2021
- Author, "'Je größer das Risiko, desto strenger die Regeln.' – Wie die EU-Kommission künstliche Intelligenz regulieren möchte," Betriebs-Berater, BB 20.2021, 17.5.2021
- Co-author (with Dominik Guttenberger), "Stricter corporate sanctions - what changes will the new German corporate liability act bring?" - DB 2020, 1218
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.