Representative Legal Matters
Implemented comprehensive, global and automated Compliance Management Systems using the Compliance Cockpit for numerous major companies on all continents covering anti-corruption, antitrust, sanctions, data privacy, customs and fraud topics.
Global lead KYC checks for M&A transactions for DAX 30 company.
Lead for product safety investigation for defense company.
Lead for internal investigations in Asia for German and international manufacturers.
Lead for domestic and international internal investigations and onsite audits for companies on (healthcare) corruption, fraud and product compliance topics.
Co-lead in diversity focused internal investigation.
Project lead for mass litigation proceedings in the NOx context.
Lead in multimillion dispute after fraud case in the real estate sector.
Lead in multimillion dispute with a service provider following an initial coin offering.
- Next generation partners in compliance, Legal 500 Europe 2021/22
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Litigation 2021
- Top lawyer 2021, Wirtschaftswoche 2021
- Germany (2011)
- University of Passau (Dr. iur) (2009)
- University of Passau (2007)
- New York
- Co-publisher (with Felix Ruhmannseder and Georg Krakow), Handbook "Hinweisgebersysteme - Implementierung in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz," 2nd edition oft he Müller C.F. Wirtschaftsrecht series, June 2021
- Author, "'Je größer das Risiko, desto strenger die Regeln.' – Wie die EU-Kommission künstliche Intelligenz regulieren möchte," Betriebs-Berater, BB 20.2021, 17.5.2021
- Co-editor (with Florian Ruhmannseder and Georg Krakow), "The Practitioners Handbook on Whistleblowing Systems in Germany, Austria and Switzerland,"
- Co-author (with Dominik Guttenberger), "Stricter corporate sanctions - what changes will the new German corporate liability act bring?" - DB 2020, 1218
- Co-author (with Florian Tannen), "Dawn of the age of data privacy fines - liability risks due to data privacy violations and what companies can do to avoid them,"
- Author, "Opinion on the decision by the German Federal Constitutional Court of Justice on the privilege in connection with internal investigations of June 27, 2018 - 2 BvR 1405/17"
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.