Stephanie Arias Marruffo
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
Stephanie is a national partner of the Mexico City office and has been a member of the Firm since 2008. She also worked for over two years in the Firm's New York office.
Her practice focuses on general corporate counseling and transactional projects, particularly cross-border acquisitions, strategic alliances, divestitures and corporate reorganizations. She routinely advises national and multinational clients in starting and conducting operations in Mexico.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the US largest packaging company in the acquisition of the leader in the paper and packaging industry in Mexico, operating several paper mills, corrugated packaging plants and high graphic plants throughout Mexico.
- Advising Johnson & Johnson on the spin-off of its consumer health business.
- Advised Spectrum Brands, Inc. on its divestiture of Rayovac to Energizer for USD 2 billion.
- Advised a large global financial services organization with the sale of 100% ownership interest in a project for the construction of three run-of-river hydroelectric plants, classified as a project of strategic national importance for Colombia.
- Advised an infrastructure management firm in the acquisition of a stake in a renewable energy portfolio owned by a leading developer and operator of renewable energy projects in the United States.
- Advised a large producer and marketer of beer for the US market, with the acquisition of a production plant.
- Assisted on the spin-off of one of the largest US pharmaceutical company.
- Key member of the team that advised the top ice cream manufacturer in a private auction process for the acquisition of Mexico's largest producer of ice cream cones.
- Advised a multinational company in their start of operations in Mexico as supplier of the Formula 1 project.
- Mexico (2008)
- Columbia Law School, United States (LL.M.) (2017)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D.) (2010)
- New York
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.