Irving Almaguer is an economist and associate in the Tax practice group and Transfer Pricing and Valuation subgroup at Baker McKenzie. His professional experience includes tax and transfer pricing consultancy (specialized in negotiation and resolution of APAs for the maquiladora industry), financial valuation projects, economic consultancy, tax and transfer pricing audits, and business restructuring.
Irving focuses his practice on transfer pricing consulting, particularly on economic analysis focused on complying with tax and transfer pricing regulations, as well as detecting and improving opportunity areas.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising multinational clients on compliance processes on transfer pricing regulations.
- Advice on the implementation of transfer pricing policies.
- Business restructuring in different tax jurisdictions.
- Negotiation and resolution of advance pricing agreements (APA).
- Attribution of income to permanent establishments.
- Valuation of companies and intangible assets.
- Participation and closure of administrative processes with Mexican tax authorities (tax audits, advance price agreements, mutual agreement procedures, attribution of income to permanent establishments).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Instituto de Contadores Públicos de Nuevo León - Transfer Pricing Commission - Member
- Mexico (2015)
- Universidad Anáhuac (International Expert on Transfer Pricing) (2017)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (Economist) (2013)
- Universidad EAFIT (Finance) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.