Tariq Akeel is a corporate/M&A associate in Baker McKenzie's Chicago office. He is involved in advising companies on a variety of transformative transactions, including early-stage investing, stock and asset acquisitions, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and private equity transactions.
He regularly advises clients on private equity fund investments and assists with venture capital investments in early to mid-stage companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Spirax-Sarco Engineering PLC on its acquisition of Durex Industries Corporation for USD 325 million.
- Advised MiddleGround Capital on its private equity acquisitions of Haltech Limited, Performance Products Holdings, Inc. and TMG Performance Products, Inc.
- Advised Informa PLC on the formation of a multi-tiered joint venture with BolognaFiere Cosmoprof and Professional Beauty Association to own and operate several of the leading b2b beauty product trade shows in the US market.
- Advised Ergon Capital Partners SA on its acquisition of Kappa Publishing Group.
- Advised PromiCell Inc. on its Series A Preferred Stock Capital raise.
- Advised Archer-Daniels-Midland (NYSE: AD) on its USD 450 million acquisition of the Balto Food Group companies.
- Advised Cleopatra Resources LLC on its issuance of equity through a private placement memorandum offering.
- Advised Huttig Building Products, Inc. (Nasdaq: HBP) in its take private tender offer sale to Woodgrain Inc.
- Advised Fondeadora on its SAFE note issuance and Series B fundraising round.
- Advised Accel Club Inc. on its warrant issuance to North Wall Capital, LLP and its subsequent equity fundraising round.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund on its private equity investments to major US PE Funds, including Blackstone, Dragoneer, Warburg Pincus, Thoma Bravo, Dawn, KKR, Ascendant, ISQ Global, Founders and Valar.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois~United States
- Michigan State University (JD, summa cum laude)
- Michigan State University (MBA Finance, summa cum laude)
- Brown University (BA Psychology)