Marilyn is an associate in the Intellectual Property, Data and Technology team based in London. She joined Baker McKenzie as a Trainee Solicitor in September 2020 and was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in September 2022. During her training, Marilyn was seconded to Baker McKenzie's Dubai office for six months and later to Google's commercial legal team for six months.
Marilyn's practice covers a range of technology and intellectual property law issues, with a focus on technology. She has experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters, with a particular interest in the healthcare, CG&R and TMT sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a large technology platform on compliance with the Digital Services Act.
- Advising a large technology company in relation to collaborations with NHS trusts to validate an AI product in a wider patient population.
- Drafting and advising on commercial contracts for clients in the technology, consumer goods and healthcare sectors.
- Advising on general commercial, regulatory and consumer law matters.
- Advising multinational clients on data protection compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- British-Ghanaian Lawyers Union - Member
Marilyn is a member of the Steering Committee of Baker McKenzie's network for Black, Asian and minority ethnic employees, BakerEthnicity.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2022)
- BPP University Law School (LLM Commercial Legal Practice, Distinction) (2020)
- University of York (LLB Law) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.