Satoshi Abe is a member of the Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Tokyo office.
Mr. Abe's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, securities law, labor law and general corporate law. He advises on due diligence, drafting contracts and other legal issues with respect to domestic and cross-border M&A transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of 100% share in StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. a U.S. listed insurance company.
- Acted for The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited on its acquisition of 100% share in Protective Life Corporation, a U.S. listed insurance company.
- Acted for major private equity firms in their MBOs of Japanese companies.
- Acted for major foreign companies on their corporate reorganizations in Japan.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2009)
- University of Pennsylvania (LL.M. with Wharton Business and Law Certificate) (2016)
- Tokyo University (LL.M.) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.