Uchenna Abakwue is a tax associate in Baker McKenzie's Dallas office. Uchenna began her career with the Firm as a summer associate in 2022. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Uchenna worked for two years in public accounting. During law school, Uchenna served as a federal judicial extern for Magistrate Judge Renee H. Toliver of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. She also served as the articles editor of the SMU Science & Technology Law Review.
Uchenna's practice focuses on international tax planning and transactions, state and local tax, and federal controversy.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- Texas (2023)
- SMU Dedman School of Law (J.D.) (2023)
- University of North Texas (Master of Science Taxation) (2018)
- University of North Texas (Bachelor of Science Accounting) (2018)
- Summer Associate, “United States: Step Transaction - Did the Court of Federal Claims Get It Wrong?” July 2022
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.