Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker & McKenzie, Mr. Zenteno acted on the following matters:
- Assisted in representing the shareholders of a Mexican company in the restaurants and food industry in the acquisition of their shares by a Mexican private equity fund, and in the negotiation of a shareholders agreements.
- Assisted the Mexican counsel to different indentured trustees in the reorganization/restructuring of a major Mexican retail conglomerate, a leader Mexican IT and telecommunications service provider and a Mexican key player in the production and supply of automobile parts.
- Assisted the Mexican counsel to a US full-service asset management firm in their prospective acquisition and debt restructuring of a Mexican entity in the hospitality industry.
- Assisted in representing a Mexican telecommunications company in corporate and regulatory matters, such as private project financing, mergers and acquisitions, floating of bonds in the US market, debt restructuring and related antitrust matters.
- Assisted the advised of several IT and telecommunication companies in their entering into the Mexican market.
- Assisted the Mexican counsel to several companies in the fashion industry in their negotiations of franchise agreements with Mexican counterparts.
- Mexico (2013)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (J.D. with Honors) (2012)
Co-author, "Legal Privilege Handbook," Third Edition, The ultimate guide to legal privilege around the world, DLA Piper (UK) and European Company Lawyers Association (ECLA), 2014
Author, "Domestication: Change of Nationality and Legal Conversion of Entities" (Domesticación: Cambio de Nacionalidad y Transformación de Personas Morales), Thesis, Escuela Libre de Derecho, 2013
Co-author, "2009 Year in Review," American Bar Association, 2009
Co-author, "2008 Year in Review," American Bar Association, 2008
Co-author, "2007 Year in Review," American Bar Association, 2007