Javier Zenteno is an associate in the Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office. He advises clients in international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, international joint ventures, corporate restructuring, data protection, anti-money laundering, foreign investment, and corporate and securities matters.
Mr. Zenteno regularly advises domestic and international corporations on negotiation and contracting of local and international transactions and agreements. He is also involved in commercial, licensing and franchise agreements in addition to his general corporate practice.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker & McKenzie, Mr. Zenteno acted on the following matters:
- Assisted in representing the shareholders of a Mexican company in the restaurants and food industry in the acquisition of their shares by a Mexican private equity fund, and in the negotiation of a shareholders agreements.
- Assisted the Mexican counsel to different indentured trustees in the reorganization/restructuring of a major Mexican retail conglomerate, a leader Mexican IT and telecommunications service provider and a Mexican key player in the production and supply of automobile parts.
- Assisted the Mexican counsel to a US full-service asset management firm in their prospective acquisition and debt restructuring of a Mexican entity in the hospitality industry.
- Assisted in representing a Mexican telecommunications company in corporate and regulatory matters, such as private project financing, mergers and acquisitions, floating of bonds in the US market, debt restructuring and related antitrust matters.
- Assisted the advised of several IT and telecommunication companies in their entering into the Mexican market.
- Assisted the Mexican counsel to several companies in the fashion industry in their negotiations of franchise agreements with Mexican counterparts.
- Mexico (2013)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (J.D. with Honors) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.