Łukasz Zbyszyński is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Warsaw office. Łukasz specializes in advising clients in complex commercial disputes, both in litigation and arbitration.
Before joining the Firm in July 2019, Łukasz was an associate at another premier international law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Polish subsidiary of the international construction company in a dispute against the employer concerning the increase of remuneration due to unforeseeable change of cost of work.
- Represented an international consortium of contractors in a dispute against the State Treasury concerning the contractual penalty imposed by the employer (FIDIC Yellow Book).
- Represented an international consortium of contractors in a dispute against the State Treasury concerning the inappropriate description of the object of the contract (FIDIC Yellow Book).
- Represented a Polish general contractor in a dispute against the State Treasury concerning the construction of S7 express road (FIDIC Red Book).
- Represented a Polish subsidiary of an international real estate group in two arbitration matters and several court proceedings related to the contract for the revitalization of an office building. The dispute concerned delay in completion of the contract, defects of the works, contractual penalty and termination of the contract.
- Represented an international group of contractors in a dispute against a Polish company in the mining sector concerning the delay in completion of the work.
- Advised a public employer in a series of disputes concerning construction of airports in the Middle East.
- Represented a Polish subsidiary of an international financial technology company in court proceeding concerning the rights to the domain name.
- Represented a Polish energy company in a post-M&A ICC arbitration against the seller concerning the payment under the indemnity clause.
- Represented a Hungarian transport company in a post-M&A dispute concerning violation of the representations and warranties.
- Represented a Polish subsidiary of an international packaging company in an arbitration concerning the termination of the lease agreement.
- Advised a Polish company in the oil and gas sector in a dispute concerning damages for oil contamination.
- Poland~Poland (2018)
- Jagiellonian University (Master's Degree Law) (2014)
- Jagiellonian University & CUA Columbus School of Law (Program American Law) (2012)
- Co-author, “Energy Law Changes and the International Foreign Investment Protection. Can Poland Change the Rules in the Middle of the Game?” Polish Energy Brief (Issue no. 02/2019), April 2019