Registered Foreign Lawyer
Baker & McKenzie
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Gerry Wong is a registered foreign lawyer in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Banking & Finance Practice Group.
Gerry's practice focuses on structured finance, fund finance, real estate finance, acquisition finance and general banking matters where he regularly advises financial institutions, sponsors and borrowers on a wide variety of financing transactions across the capital structure.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised CMB International Finance as lender to Great Success Enterprises Holdings Limited for the HKD 1.029 billion privatization of Bestway Global Holdings Inc.
- Advised Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited as lender on (1) a HKD 6 billion committed term loan facility for the mandatory unconditional cash offer to acquire all the issued H Shares in Dalian Port (PDA) Company Limited; (2) a HKD 3.75 billion committed term loan facility for the general offer for the shares in TCL Electronics Holdings Limited and Tonly Electronics Holdings Limited; and (3) a HKD 3.5 billion committed term loan facility to Intellinsights Holdings Limited to support the privatization of Polytec Asset Holdings Limited.
- Advised Chong Hing Bank on a HKD 1.1 billion term loan facility to Honeylink Agents Limited to support the voluntary cash offer of Get Nice Holdings Limited and the mandatory cash offer of Get Nice Financial Group Limited.
Real estate finance
- Advised funds managed by Angelo, Gordon & Co on various onshore and offshore financings for the acquisition of properties in Hong Kong, PRC and Singapore.
- Advised funds managed by AEW on the financing for the acquisition of a hotel in Hong Kong.
- Advised funds managed by Hines on the financing for the acquisition of a hotel in Hong Kong.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank on a management fee facility provided to entities managed Navis Capital Partners.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank on a NAV Facility prvoided to funds managed by Navis Capital Partners.
- Advised China CITIC Bank International on a EUR 300 million term loan facility to Biosensors International.
- Advised CNCB (Hong Kong) Investment on a USD 36 million bespoke financing to Profit Advance Global.
- New York~United States (2011)
- New Zealand (2009)
- University of Auckland ( LL.B. (Hons) and B. Prop.)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (M.B.A.)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.