Santiago Vial is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Industry Group in Santiago. He worked as a paralegal in the Firm's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in 2012, and in 2014 as an associate in the Corporate Practice Group.
Santiago focuses his practice on infrastructure, mining and corporate law. He works on a wide range of mining process matters, such as the maintenance of metallic and non-metallic mining property, real estate acquisitions, corresponding environmental proceedings and related corporate issues. He has assisted foreign and domestic mining companies and investors in several transactions, acquisitions and due diligence processes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Audley Capital Advisors on the purchase of a stake in Anglo American Norte for an initial cash payment of USD 300 million.
- Assisted in the incorporation of mining easements for Michilla, a mining joint venture between Haldeman Mining Company and Antofagasta Minerals.
- Assisted in the Especularita Project, a highly prospective mining development option agreement in northern Chile.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chilean Bar Association (2017)
- Chile (2015)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (LL.B. Summa Cum Laude) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.