Filip Uziębło is an attorney-at-law admitted to practice in Poland, a partner and the co-head of Baker McKenzie’s Private Equity Group in Warsaw.
He has experience in private equity and M&A deals as well as restructuring transactions. The prestigious legal ranking publication Chambers & Partners has multiple times ranked Filip as one of the best lawyers in Poland for private equity, and since 2015 it has ranked him as one of the best lawyers for corporate/M&A. According to recent reports, Filip Uziębło is frequently engaged by a diverse range of clients, including real estate groups, private equity houses and venture capital funds on various transactions.
Another prestigious legal ranking, The Legal 500, has since 2018 ranked Filip in the “Next Generation Lawyers” category for private equity. In the most recent report a source stated that “Filip Uziębło demonstrated unique expertise in terms of the critical analysis of real estate and organising the exercise in an efficient and innovative manner. His combined knowledge in corporate law, restructuring and real estate has clearly given him a keen eye to quickly and easily identify material issues and important information.”
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised APG on its joint venture with Orange Polska which aims to have an fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) footprint that passes 2.4 million households by 2025 and also to offer wholesale access to the network. This transaction valued the joint venture at PLN 2.75 billion (USD 642 million).
- Advised Warburg Pincus on the acquisition of Apteki Gemini, operating a chain of pharmacies in Poland and a nationwide online business.
- Advised Innova Capital on various acquisitions, including the acquisition of Inelo (a provider of digital solutions pertaining to global vehicle positioning, driving time analysis and settlement software), Wirtualna Polska (the leading Polish internet portal) and CS Group Polska (one of the top online marketing services suppliers for the small and medium enterprises sector).
- Advised Mideuropa Partners on various acquisitions, including the acquisition of Diagnostyka and Alpha Medical, the leading laboratory diagnostics providers in Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
- Advised Argan Capital on the acquisition of AAT Group, a Polish distributor of security products and systems.
- Advised the founders of Promedica24, a provider of premium household services and care for the elderly in Poland and Germany, on the disposal of their entire stake to PineBridge.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Legal Advisors Association - Member
- University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration
- Akademia Leona Koźminskiego (Ph.D.)