Mark Tu has vast experience in cross-border transactional matters, including M&A, private equity investments and cross-border securities offerings.
Mr. Tu's practice encompasses a wide range of mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate governance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented KKR in relation to its proposed buyout of Yageo Corporation.
- Represented Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. in its acquisition of 100 percent shares of PowerASE Technology by way of tender offer and merger.
- Represented Morgan Stanley, the financial advisor to Polaris Securities Corporation, in relation to its share swap with Yuanta Financial Holding Company.
- Represented MediaTek Inc. for acquisition of 100 percent of outstanding shares of Ralink Technology Corporation by way of a share swap.
- Represented Chimei Optoelectronics Corporation in relation to its merger with Innolux Corporation.
- Represented Morgan Stanley, the financial advisor to Taiwan International Securities Corporation (TISC), in relation to the sale of all issued and outstanding shares of TISC to Capital Securities Corporation by way of a tender offer followed by a merger.
- Represented E.Sun Commercial Bank in its general business and asset assumption from Chu Nan Co-operative Credit Association.
- Represented Prime View International Co., Ltd. in relation to its acquisition of E. Ink Corporation by way of a share exchange.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of a stake in CTCI Corporation.
- Representing WIN Semiconductors Corporation in relation to its issuance of global depositary receipts.
- Named Recognized Practitioner by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2023)
- Named Up and Coming Practitioner by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2023)
- Named Next Generation Partner by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023)
- Named Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023)
- Named Leading Lawyer – Rising Star by IFLR1000 (2021)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- Taipei~Taiwan (2006)
- Boston University (LL.M. Banking and Financian Law) (2009)
- Chung Yuan University (LL.M.) (2005)
- Cheng Chi University (LL.B.) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.