Pamela has substantial experience in labor and employment law matters. She has considerable experience assisting and representing local and foreign corporations in labor and employment matters,including employment issues in merger and acquisition transactions, mass severance, harassment/ discrimination, resolution of labor disputes, occupational safety and compliance of employment regulations.
She is also experienced in assisting clients in mergers and acquisitions transactions and advising local and foreign corporations on corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters
Representative Legal Matters
Labor and Employment
- Advised employment issues in M&A transactions and/or post-merger integrations (including transfer of employee welfare funds and harmonization
of employee benefits) for HPE, Symantec Corporation, GSK, Baker Hughes Incorporation, Lam Research.
- Advising and assisting the world's leading manufacturing, pharmaceutical, medical, hi-tech, restaurant chain-stores, international trading, financial, consulting, retail companies on their employment law compliance issues, such as overtime, severance, pension, annual leave, working hours arrangement, and employees' privacy.
- Advising various high-profile clients on structuring lawful approaches to terminating their employees.
- Assisted the liquidation of RadioShack, Groupon, Digital Optics, Burda,
to close its Taiwan entities, laying off its employees and transferring the remaining employees to another entities, where applicable.
- Represented Amkor Technology, Applied Materials, Cathay Financial Holdings, General Electronic Company, Estee Lauder, the Bank of New York Mellon's in handling their private negotiations, mediations and/or lawsuits in labor disputes.
- Representing various high-profile companies in conducting internal investigations on employees’ suspected misconducts, involving sexual harassment, embezzlement and bribery.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted for Temasek in its investment in Gogoro Inc. for USD 30 million.
- Acted for Willis Group in relation to its USD 10 million acquisition of and post-acquisition merger with a Taiwan company, Elite Risk Service Limited.
- Acting for Itochu in its USD 665 million investment in a public company in Taiwan.
- Assisted JSR Corporation in its USD 388 million acquisition of Crown Bioscience International Inc.
- Named Recommended Lawyer,The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association.
- New York~United States (2014)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2007)
- Columbus Law School (LLM) (2012)
- National Taiwan University (LLM) (2006)
- National Taiwan University (LLB) (2003)