Alecia advises on all aspects of employment law to ensure that employers comply with their obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and similar legislation. She regularly assists clients in a variety of employment related matters including drafting executive contracts and workplace policies and advising on issues such as discrimination, bullying, harassment, performance management, redundancy and termination of employment.
Alecia has appeared in the Federal Circuit Court, the Federal Court, the Fair Work Commission, the Australian Human Rights Commission and the Supreme Court to represent clients in employment related litigation, including unfair dismissals, general protections claims, breach of contract and restraint of trade matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Preparing workplace policies and procedures as well as best practice guidelines.
- Advising on the handling of workplace disputes and complaints, including disciplinary processes and investigations.
- Advising on minimum entitlements and obligations under modern awards and award coverage of employees.
- Assisting employers to manage sick and injured employees and their return to work.
- Preparing employment contracts and advising on non-solicitation and non-compete restraints.
- Advising on parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements.
- Assisting employers to manage and improve the performance of employees.
- Defending employee claims including unfair dismissal, adverse action claims and discrimination complaints.
- Advising on restructures, redundancies and consultation of employees.
- Assisting employers to manage the termination process and advising on employment termination payments.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Volunteer Solicitor, Women's Legal Service NSW, 2017 - present
- Australia (2016)
- New South Wales~Australia (2014)
- University of Wollongong (LLB) (2013)
- University of Wollongong (Bachelor of Commerce) (2013)