Alecia joined the Baker McKenzie Employment team in London in 2019, after having worked in the Sydney office for two years.
Alecia advises on all aspects of employment law, including employment advice linked to financial transactions including Carve Outs, Mergers and Acquisitions, Transactions and Corporate deals, executive contracts and workplace policies, discrimination, bullying, harassment, performance management, redundancy and termination of employment.
In Australia, Alecia worked on many litigious claims including unfair dismissals, breach of contract and restraint of trade matters and appeared in the Federal Circuit Court, the Federal Court, the Fair Work Commission, the Australian Human Rights Commission and the Supreme Court of NSW.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the employment aspects of the sale of Sony Music Entertainment's stake in Syco to Simon Cowell.
- Advised on the employment aspects of a joint venture between two multi-nationals, across approximately 100 jurisdictions
- Preparing workplace policies and procedures as well as best practice guidelines.
- Advising on the handling of workplace disputes and complaints, including disciplinary processes and investigations.
- Advising on minimum entitlements and obligations under modern awards and award coverage of employees.
- Assisting employers to manage sick and injured employees and their return to work.
- Preparing employment contracts and advising on non-solicitation and non-compete restraints.
- Advising on parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements.
- Assisting employers to manage and improve the performance of employees.
- Defending employee claims including unfair dismissal, adverse action claims and discrimination complaints.
- Advising on restructures, redundancies and consultation of employees.
- Assisting employers to manage the termination process and advising on employment termination payments.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australia (2016)
- New South Wales~Australia (2014)
- University of Wollongong (LLB) (2013)
- University of Wollongong (Bachelor of Commerce) (2013)