Alicja Szczesniak is a member of the Firm's Dispute Resolution team. She represents clients before state courts and in arbitration, assisting in all stages of the dispute resolution process, including in out-of-court proceedings, negotiations, proceedings to secure claims, case trial and executory proceedings.
Ms. Szczesniak holds a doctorate degree in arbitration and has written numerous articles on the topic, both in scientific and popular journals.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as a leading counsel in a multimillion Polish zlotys class action against the state.
- Advised a major company in the railway industry with respect to claims for defective products provided by its supplier.
- Represented clients in proceedings for enforcement or annulment of arbitral awards issued locally and abroad.
- Defended a major international company in the energy sector in litigation for damages resulting from acts of unfair competition.
- Defended a property developer in litigation initiated by a bank for repayment of a bank guarantee.
- Advised a bank on handling disputes over properties with an uncertain legal status.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Polish Bar Association
- International Association of Young Lawyers
- Young International Arbitration Group
- Poland (2014)
Author, "Review of the Polish Supreme Court Judgement of 13 April 2012, I CSK 416/11, OSNC 2012/10/121," Orzecznictwo Sądów Polskich, January 2014
Author, "Jurisdiction of national courts in proceedings for annulment of arbitral awards," Kwartalnik ADR Arbitraż i Mediacja (ADR Arbitration and Mediation Quarterly), March 2013
Author, "A few remarks regarding the institution of remission in proceedings for annulment of arbitral awards," eArbitration Review, January 2014
Co-author, "How to make a complaint against the quality of construction works?," Inwestycje Sektora Publicznego
Co-author, "Exclusion of a contractor under article 24.1.1 of the Public Procurement Law on the basis of an arbitral award," April 2013