Christoph Stutz is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office. For more than 10 years, Christoph has been advising numerous companies in complex labor issues and has successfully represented clients in court. He also advises and represents pension funds and companies in pension-related matters. Christoph regularly publishes work in relation to all aspects of Swiss employment law and is a speaker at internal and external seminars. Christoph is admitted as attorney specialized in labor law (Certified Specialist SBA Labour Law) and holds a certificate as Social Security Specialist.
Christoph provides strategic and comprehensive employment law advice to domestic and multinational clients in various sectors, particularly healthcare, MEM, financial, insurance, transport & logistics and IT & technology industry. He focuses his practice on Swiss labor law, social security as well as pension matters, with an emphasis on corporate and other forms of restructurings such as business transfers, outsourcing projects and collective redundancies, executive compensation, pension and benefit schemes, data privacy, compliance investigations, contingent work force solution and management transfers.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an international logistic group continuously and comprehensively on all employment, HR and pension matters.
- Advised a global healthcare company on the integration of an acquired company and its employees, separation of member of the management and on collective redundancy.
- Advised an international European airline continuously and comprehensively on all HR matters.
- Advised a large domestic retail company continuously and comprehensively on all employment, HR and pension matters.
- Advised a medium global healthcare company on all employment matters and represented it successfully in litigation following the separation of member of the management.
- Represented an international big four management consulting firm successfully in litigation proceedings following the separation from a member of management.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association - Employment Law Work Group
- Zurich Bar Association - Social Security Law Work Group
- Switzerland (2013)
- University of St. Gallen (CAS Occupational Pension) (2017)
- University of Zurich (MLaw) (2011)
- Author, "Sozialversicherungsrechtliche Aspekte bei Homeoffice", zsis, 04 2022
- Co-author, "Datenschutzzweckwidrige Auskunftsbegehren im Arbeitsverhältnis", AJP, 05 2021
- Author, "Berufliche Vorsorge für Verwaltungsratsmitglieder", Expert Focus, 04 2021
- Co-author, "Compliance beim Datenschutz", Schweizer Personalvorsorge, 05 2020
- Author, "Risikotragung bei frei wählbarer Anlagestrategie", Expert Focus, 05 2016
- Co-author, "Chapter 31 Switzerland", Social Media and Employment Law, An international Survey, 2015
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.