Kullapa Stavorn is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Banking & Finance practice. She has been with the Firm since September 2006, rejoining after obtaining her LLM in England. She first joined the Firm in 2004.
Ms. Stavorn’s practice focuses on loan and credit facilities, corporate and acquisition financing, and general banking and finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for True Move H Universal Communication Co., Ltd., a major Thai mobile service provider, in the financing of licence fees for 1800 MHz and 900 MHz in letters of guarantee, as required by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, in the amounts of approximately THB21 billion and THB73 billion, respectively.
- Acting for Boon Rawd Trading Co. Ltd., and Singha Corporation Co. Ltd. in USD700 million acquisition financing provided by a group of Thai and foreign financial institutions, for acquisition of shares in Masan Consumer Holdings Co. Ltd. and Masan Brewery Co. Ltd.
- Acting for FS JV Co Ltd., a joint venture of S Hotels and Resort (UK) Limited and Fico Holding (UK) Ltd., to acquire all shares in Jupiter Hotel Holdings Ltd., owner of a portfolio of 26 Mercure-branded hotels in the UK. Acquisition financing provided by Krung Thai Bank.
- Acting for The Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Ltd. in the acquisition financing provided to WHA Corp. Public Co. Ltd. and its subsidiary, for the acquisition of shares in Hemaraj Land and Development Public Co. Ltd. through a public tender offer process.
- Acting for The Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Limited in the THB18.2 billion loan facility to Charoen Pokphand Holdings Co. Ltd. for the subscription and acquisition of shares in True Corporation Public Co. Ltd.
- Acting for Krung Thai Bank Public Company Limited in the acquisition financing to Fico Corporation Co. Ltd. and other companies owed by the Srichawla family, for the acquisition of shares in the German companies holding a portfolio of various hotels in Germany.
- Acting for Real Future Co. Ltd., subsidiary of True Corporation Public Co. Ltd., to obtain an additional THB25 billion, consisting of term-loans, a letter of guarantee, and other working capital facilities, to finance the 2.1 GHz License and the rollout of the new 2.1 GHz Network from a group of syndicated lenders.
- Acting for SCB Asset Management Co. Ltd., True Corporation Public Co. Ltd. and other subsidiaries of True Corporation Group to establish the True Telecommunications Growth Infrastructure Fund (TRUEGIF), the telecommunications asset sale and transfer transactions, and the sale and offering of TRUEGIF’s units in both its domestic and international offerings (under Rule 144A and Reg S).
- Recipient, Cambridge Thai Trust Fund Bursary Scholarship, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2004)
- University of Cambridge (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2006)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., First Class Honors) (2004)
- The Law Society of Thailand (Certificate Legal Training) (2004)