Bulin Sanooj joined Baker McKenzie in 2000 and became a partner in 2012. He is active in the Natural Resources, Trade & Commerce as well as Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups.
Mr. Sanooj has assisted a large number of multinational clients with their operations in Thailand. He advises on issues relevant to foreign investors, such as foreign investment laws, mergers and acquisitions, corporate structures, and commercial contracts. In particular, he focuses on the upstream oil and gas industries as well as oilfield services industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Led Thai legal team representing Condor Acquisition (Cayman) Limited in connection with its merger with Coastal Energy Company, a listed international petroleum exploration and production company in Toronto Stock Exchange, with principal assets in Thailand and Malaysia.
- Represented Palang Sophon Offshore in its sale of petroleum interest in Thailand to Kris Energy.
- Advised an Australian listed company in its potential acquisition of interest in the PSCs in Myanmar.
- Advised Pan Orient Energy Corp., a Calgary, Alberta-based oil and gas exploration and production company with operations currently located onshore in Thailand, Indonesia and in Western Canada with the sale of its subsidiary Pan Orient Energy (Thailand) Ltd.'s holding interests in petroleum concessions in Thailand to a Hong Kong-based purchaser.
- Assisted a Thailand-based oil and gas exploration and production company in the acquisition of participating interests in production sharing contracts in Myanmar, and provide regulatory advice relating to the production sharing contracts.
- Represented a multinational oil and gas exploration and production company in a potential dispute regarding an International Operating Agreement (IOA) for a petroleum concession in Thailand.
- Led teams conducting legal due diligence investigations, prepared transactional documents and handled the completion of various M&A transactions, including the acquisition of interest in petroleum concession and oilfield services businesses.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2002)
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle (LL.M.) (2000)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.