Ornsiri Samarnmitr joined Baker McKenzie in 2004 and became a partner in 2015. She is currently active in the Corporate & Commercial, Mergers & Acquisitions, Natural Resources (Oil and Gas & Mining) practice groups.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Nikkiso Co., Ltd. in connection with the Thailand aspects of its global acquisition of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) business from Baxter Healthcare Corporation at a purchase price of approximately JPY3.8 billion. The target business provides medical equipment, solutions, and supplies used for administering CRRT treatment in critically ill patients with acute kidney injuries.
- Representing a Thailand-based company engaged in energy, power and natural resources in relation to recent acquisition and off-market takeover proposal of shares in a listed international petroleum exploration and production company on the ASX and managing the completion of cross-border closing transactions.
- Advised Nido Petroleum Limited on acquisition of 100 percent of Otto Energy Limited's interest in Galoc Oil Field through Galoc Production Company W.L.L. as well as managing corporate due diligence investigation in Denmark, Bahrain, Switzerland in respect to certain subsidiaries of Otto Energy Limited. Also assisted with respect to the relevant mechanics and completion documents.
- Led Thai legal team representing Condor Acquisition (Cayman) Limited in connection with its merger with Coastal Energy Company, a listed international petroleum exploration and production company in Toronto Stock Exchange, with principal assets in Thailand and Malaysia.
- Representing Palang Sophon in various transactions with respect to petroleum concessions, as well as acting for Palang Sophon International in its acquisition of shares in Thaipo and B8/32 Partners from PTTEP and MOECO, and acting for Palang Sophon Offshore in its sale of petroleum interest in Thailand to Kris Energy.
- Assisted a Thailand-based oil and gas exploration and production company in the acquisition of participating interests in production sharing contracts in Myanmar, and provide regulatory advice relating to the production sharing contracts.
- Advised Pan Orient Energy Corp., a Calgary, Alberta-based oil and gas exploration and production company with operations currently located onshore in Thailand, Indonesia and in Western Canada with the sale of its subsidiary Pan Orient Energy (Thailand) Ltd.'s holding interests in petroleum concessions in Thailand to a Hong Kong-based purchaser.
- Advising major Australian mining company in connection with its joint venture with a Thai listed natural resources company in a mining project in Thailand and related regulatory matters.
- Advising a major listed Indonesian natural resources company with respect to investment structure, due diligence of a target company with principle mining assets in Thailand.
- Led Thai legal team representing a Japanese based logistics company in connection with its establishment and negotiation of joint venture investment in the logistics business in Thailand and managing the completion of the transaction.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Thai Bar Association
- The Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2006)
- Queen Mary, University of London (LLM) (2003)
- Chulalongkorn University (LLB honors) (2001)
"Thailand Petroleum Concessions Are Finally Up for Bidding: The 21st Bidding Round Introduces New Requirements and the New 'Thailand III Plus' Regime," Baker McKenzie Newsletter, November 2014
Contributing author, "Newly-released Notifications on Administration of Bonded Warehouses," on the legal aspects of qualifications and privileges of bonded warehouse operations under Customs law
Contributing author, On Spec, a media and entertainment newsletter, on the legal aspects of product placement in film and other media, and the availability of Board of Investment promotion for industry-related businesses
Contributing author, articles in CCH Structure of Investment, guide for Thailand, on the legal aspects of licensing and registration of business activities in Thailand
Speaker, "Laws governing mergers, acquisitions and business transfers," Federation of Accounting Professions under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King, 27 February 2015