Dr. Benedikt Rutscheidt is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office and a member of the Firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Benedikt joined the Firm as a trainee lawyer in 2017 and rejoined as an associate in 2022. Prior to this return, he worked as a research assistant in the fields of corporate and accounting law at the University of St. Gallen. He graduated from the University of St. Gallen with a master's degree in law and economics and obtained a doctoral degree in Law.
Benedikt advises domestic and international clients in all civil law aspects in the areas of corporate transactions and finance, with a special focus on corporate, commercial accounting/financial reporting and contract law. He is admitted to practice in Switzerland.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised US-based CTS Corporation, a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators and electronic components, on the acquisition of Swiss-based maglab AG
- Advised Dätwyler, a leading provider of high-quality, system-critical elastomer components, on the acquisition of the Swiss startup CTsystems AG
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Deutsch-Chinesische Juristenvereinigung e.V. - Member
- Switzerland (2020)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur. / PhD HSG) (2023)
- University of California at Santa Barbara (Student Exchange Program) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG in Law & Economics) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG in Law & Economics) (2015)
- Author, "Die Kapitalausstattung der Aktiengesellschaft im Kompetenzgefüge ihrer Organe", EIZ Publishing, 2023
- Co-author, "Die Finanzverantwortung des Verwaltungsrats in Sanierungssituationen," EF 2020, 310 ff.
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.