Pedro Reyes is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Transactional Practice Group and is based in the New York office. He has significant experience in a wide range of international and domestic corporate finance transactions with a particular focus on cross-border debt and equity securities offerings, restructurings and general securities law matters. Pedro has been recognized as a Rising Star, Capital Markets in the 2022 Legal 500 Latin America Guide in addition to being named a Top 100 Lawyer by Latinvex.
Pedro regularly advises issuers and international financial institutions in transactions throughout Latin America as well as globally.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Pedro worked on the following matters:
- Represented Banco del Bajío, one of Mexico's largest commercial banks, in completing its approximately USD 500 million IPO.
- Represented Traxión, the largest road transportation and logistics services company in Mexico, in completing its approximately USD 220 million IPO.
- Represented Nemak, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of powertrain components for the automotive industry, in connection with its inaugural international bond offering of USD 500 million high-yield debt securities. This was one of the most favorably priced debt securities offerings in Latin America at that time.
- Represented the underwriters in Fibra Uno’s bond offerings. Fibra Uno is now the largest real estate company in Latin America and among the largest real estate companies worldwide.
- Represented the underwriters in a USD 1.75 billion offering by Banco Inbursa, a leading Mexican commercial bank, which is controlled by Carlos Slim and members of the Slim family. This offering was Banco Inbursa’s first-ever international debt offering. Also represented the underwriters in a subsequent USD 750 million bond offering by Banco Inbursa.
- Rising Star, The Legal 500 Latin America, Capital Markets, 2022
- Top 100 Lawyers, Latinvex, 2022
- The Legal 500 USA, Capital Markets: High Yield 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York City Bar Association - Member
- Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice Initiatives - Committee Member
- New York
- Harvard Law School (JD) (2003)
- University of Notre Dame (BA) (2000)
- Co-author, "The Threat of Unsponsored ADR Programs," Insights, April, 2009
- Co-author, "The 'First Modern Civil Procedure Course' as Taught by C.C. Langdell, 1870-78," American Journal of Legal History, 2005
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.