Representative Legal Matters
Advised a consortium that consists of the Suez Canal Economic Zone and the Sovereign Fund of Egypt along with a private-sector investors, including: Samcreete Investments Holding, Hassan Allam Holding, Orascom Construction, and Connect Information Technology, in relation to the project contracts and for setting up a specialized manufacturing company, the National Egyptian for Railroad Industries Company (NERIC). NERIC will specialize in producing and refurbishing locomotives.
Acting for the Sovereign Fund of Egypt in connection with a project comprising the establishment, construction, operation and maintenance of 6 medical supplies warehouses in different geographical locations in the Arab republic of Egypt
Acting as a legal counsel to Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC) in connection with 200 MW BOO solar PV project in Kom Ombo, Aswan.
Advised an Egyptian bus vehicle for hire, ride-sharing company based in Cairo in connection with advising on a license agreement entered into with the Egyptian Ministry of Transportation.
Advised an American multinational technology company in connection with consumer protection law matter.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) - Member
- International Insolvency Judges Group (IIE) - Member
- Ministry of Justice - Legislative Member (2011-2016)
- National Commission for Economic Legislations. - Member
- World Bank and UNDOC - Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Consultant
- Minster of Trade and Industry - Advisor for legal and legislative affairs
- Egyptian Competition Authority - Appointed Board Member
- Egyptian Industrial Development Authority - Appointed Board Member
- Egyptian Regulatory Reform & Development Activity's (ERRADA) Appointed Board of Trustees Member
- Higher Committee for Legislative Reform - Member
- Economic Legislations Committee - Vice Chairperson
- Egypt (1985)
- Alexandria University (Master's degree) (1992)
- Alexandria University (Bachelor degree, with honors from the Faculty of Law) (1984)
- University of Minnesota Law School (LLM)