Representative Legal Matters
Represent an information technology company in a dispute involving services rendered under a contract to supply the Southeast Asian Games Information System, worth around USD 3 million.
Represent and advise a leading Philippine life insurance company in criminal litigation filed by an insurance agent.
Represent two of the world's leading chemical companies in several cases filed by many thousands of banana plantation workers for the injuries they allegedly suffered from certain pesticides, which together constitute possibly the biggest damages/tort suits ever filed in the Philippines.
Represent a Philippine subsidiary of a European sheet metals, industrial equipment and tools manufacturing company in a lease dispute with the owner-lessor of eight buildings leased by the client for its manufacturing plant.
Represent an international insurance brokering and financial services corporation based in the UK in litigation against a Philippine government-owned and controlled corporation to enforce a reinsurance agreement.
Advise and represent an American multinational oil and gas exploration and production company in a suit filed by an international environmental organization before the Philippines Commission on Human Rights, seeking to hold many of the world's largest oil, coal, cement, and mining companies liable for climate change-caused damages supposedly arising out of their carbon emissions.
Represent a decedent's estate in the probate of a foreign will and assist in the ancillary administration of properties in the Philippines.
Frequently handle the settlement of estates of high net worth individuals.
- Eminent Practitioner for Dispute Resolution and Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014-2020
- Elite Practitioner for Dispute Resolution, Asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2020
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2016-2020
- A-List” of the Top 100 lawyers in the Philippines, Asia Business Law Journal, 2018-2019
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution and Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2008-2013
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global, 2008, 2010-2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Philippines (1991)
- New York~United States (1986)
- Virginia~United States (1980)
- District of Columbia~United States (1979)
- Georgetown University (J.D.) (1979)
- University of South Florida (B.S.) (1976)