Ramon Quisumbing is the managing partner of Quisumbing Torres. He is a member of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group and the Services (including Outsourcing) Industry Group of the firm. He has represented numerous multinational companies, including AT&T, The Dow Chemical Company, Cisco, Budget Rental, Occidental Chemical, Taisei, TeleTech, Agilent, Steelcase and Intel.
Ramon's practice focuses on litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and international arbitration. He handles commercial, civil and appellate litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents two of the world's leading chemical companies in several cases filed by many thousands of banana plantation workers for the sterility they allegedly suffered from certain pesticides, which together constitute possibly the biggest damages/tort suits ever filed in the Philippines.
- Represents a Philippine subsidiary of a European sheet metals, industrial equipment and tools manufacturing company in a lease dispute with the owner-lessor of eight buildings leased by the client for its manufacturing plant.
- Represents and advises an international insurance brokering and financial services corporation based in the UK in litigation against a Philippine government-owned and controlled corporation to enforce a reinsurance agreement.
- Advises and represents an American multinational oil and gas exploration and production company in a suit filed by an international environmental organization before the Commission on Human Rights, seeking to hold many of the world's largest oil, coal, cement, and mining companies liable for climate change-caused damages supposedly arising out of their carbon emissions.
- Represents the executors of a decedent's estate in the probate of a foreign will and assist in the ancillary administration of properties in the Philippines.
- Represents private individuals in intestate proceedings and the administration of estates and real properties.
- Eminent Practitioner for Dispute Resolution and Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014-2018
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2016-2018
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution and Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2008-2013
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global, 2008, 2010-2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Philippines (1991)
- New York~United States (1986)
- Virginia~United States (1980)
- District of Columbia~United States (1979)
- Georgetown University (J.D.) (1979)
- University of South Florida (B.S.) (1976)
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.