Somika Phagapasvivat is a member of Baker McKenzie's Financial Services Practice Group in Bangkok. She joined the Firm in 2002 and became a partner in 2015.
Ms. Phagapasvivat's practice focuses on real estate, acquisition and corporate financing. She also handles general banking and finance matters, including financing for infrastructure funds and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Representative Legal Matters
Real Estate Financing
- Acted for The Siam Commercial Bank PCL in relation to credit facilities to finance the land costs and hard construction costs of a premium mixed-use building developed, constructed and owned by subsidiaries of Pace Development PCL.
- Acted for The Siam Commercial Bank PCL in relation to a credit facilities agreement with Kanok Furniture and Decoration Company Limited to finance the construction, renovation and development of the Kempinski Hotel in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Acted for Kasikornbank PCL to finance the subsidiary of Grand Canal Land PCL to construct and develop office building The 9th Tower.
- Acted for Magnolia Quality Development Corporation in the financing for the construction and development of the Royal Ratchadamri Project condominium, provided by Kasikornbank PCL.
Acquisition Financing and Refinancing
- Acted for CP All PCL, the local operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores in Thailand, in the acquisition of shares and equity interest in Siam Makro PCL, the operator of Makro cash-and-carry stores in Thailand, from its major shareholder and public shareholders, and the acquisition financing arranged by Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited and The Siam Commercial Bank PCL.
- Acted for Pace Development PCL to obtain financing from The Siam Commercial Bank PCL for the merger and acquisition of shares in Dean & Deluca, Inc.
Infrastructure Fund, REITs, and Capital Markets.
- Acted for The Siam Commercial Bank PCL, Bangkok Bank PCL and other syndicated lenders in the loan financing to True Telecommunications Growth Infrastructure Fund (TRUEGIF). This was for the acquisition of additional telecommunications assets from companies of True Corporation PCL and other subsidiaries of True Corp.
- Acted for Kasikorn Asset Management PCL in the financing of its asset acquisition from WHA Corporation PCL for the establishment of WHA Premium Growth Freehold and Leasehold Real Estate Investment Trust (WHART).
- Acted for Kasikorn Asset Management PCL in the financing of its asset acquisition from Impact Exhibition Management Co., Ltd. for the establishment of IMPACT's first REIT in Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association - Barrister-at-Law
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2015)
- Harvard Law School (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2005)
- Cambridge University (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2004)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B. First Class Honors) (2002)