Representative Legal Matters
Advising various local and international companies regarding the obligations under the draft Thai Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
- Advising international IT and social media platforms regarding the obligations under the GDPR, particularly as compared to the PDPA.
Advising, preparing documents, and representing international and local companies on litigation strategy and compliance with telecommunications law, focusing on telecommunications business licensing, spectrum licensing and auctions, interconnection, competition, infrastructure and network, prepaid service, numbering, radio communication equipment, retail pricing, merger and acquisition, international free trade agreements and more.
Advising, preparing documents, and representing international companies on licensing, regulatory requirements, and corporate structure for providing IPLC, telematics, point of presence, cloud computing, VOIP, mobile application, GPS tracking, web hosting, co-location, Internet of Things, Over-The-Top (OTT), data center, satellite and more in Thailand.
- Representing one of the leading computer companies in its dispute with the NBTC on telecommunications equipment.
Advising various digital media companies and television channel providers on local regulatory requirements for music streaming service, online streaming service, and mobile applications, such as content restrictions, copyright clearance, ads, licensing, rating, program proportion, and program scheduling.
Representing 13 digital TV operators in a case on digital switchover against the Thai government.
E-commerce, IT/Communications and cybersecurity
Providing legal advice and comments on draft laws in regard to IT security, e-commerce, e-payment, IT outsourcing, interception, cybersecurity and the Computer Crime Act.
Preparing an agreement covering installation and implementation of an IT system for one of the leading banks in Thailand.
- Next Generation Lawyer, The Legal 500 2019
- University of California, Berkeley (LLM) (2009)
- Chulalongkorn University (LLB) (2006)
- Co-author, Baker McKenzie's Global Privacy Handbook
- Co-author, "Updates on the Thai Cybersecurity Bill, the Draft Amendment to the Electronic Transaction Act and the Digital ID Bill," Baker McKenzie Newsletter, October 2018
- Co-author, "New draft Personal Data Protection Bill issued for public hearing - Substantial changes following GDPR," Baker McKenzie Newsletter, September 2018
- Co-author, "The draft Personal Data Protection Bill: A Fundamental Step for Thailand," Data Guidance, April 2018
- Co-author, "Revisions to Thai Cybersecurity Bill Revealed," Baker McKenzie Newsletter, April 2018