Itse Oosterhoff is experienced in commercial litigation in domestic cases and disputes with an international perspective. His emphasis is on complex contract disputes, director's, officer's and shareholder's liability litigation and commercial fraud cases.
Itse's practice focuses on commercial litigation, fraud cases, shareholder’s disputes, director’s, officer’s and shareholder’s liability, banking and finance litigation and insolvency related cases.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented — as counsel of choice — a market leader in window coverings and major manufacturer of architectural products in various (international) cases, mostly related to contractual disputes.
- Represented Specsavers in summary proceedings with respect to a private tender issued by an insurance company for the provision of hearing aids.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of sport shoes and gear in a dispute with its former distributor in relation to termination of the distribution agreement, with EUR50 million at stake.
- Advised a Dutch bank in its dispute with a defaulting borrower under a revolving loan facility, involving cross border asset freezing and arbitration. The amount at stake was USD20 million, which was fully repaid.
- Represented a former shareholder of a large entertainment company in various legal proceedings filed by investrors, creditors and trustee in bankruptcy, with EUR21 million at stake.
- Represented investment fund (with a minority shareholding in a company that went bankrupt) in litigation against the former directors and co-shareholders based on tort.
- Represented GAP in various legal proceedings aimed at recovery of damages owed by a real estate company.
- Represented a Dutch company in various legal proceedings against a former joint venture partner domiciled in France that breached (non compete principles in the joint venture relationship), with around EUR12 million in damages claimed.
- Member of the team representing a Dutch subsidiary in the Pentair group of companies in litigation over limitations on trade imposed by US trade sanctions against Iran and Syria.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- YLPN (Young Legal Professional Network) - Co-founder and Director
- Association for Corporate Litigation
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2005)
- University of Nijmegen (2011)
- University of Amsterdam (2005)
- University of Copenhagen (2003)
Author, chapter on Liability of "Doing Business in the Netherlands Handbook," Baker McKenzie, 2013
Author, Dutch chapter of "Global Restructuring and Insolvency Handbook," Baker McKenzie, 2012
Presenter, "Cross Border Litigation: "Nuclear Weapons"", inter alia on worldwide freezing orders and European Account Preservation Order (EAPO), Baker McKenzie Presentation at European Disputes Practice Group Meeting, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2012
Author, Dutch chapter of "Global Restructuring and Insolvency Handbook," Baker McKenzie, 2011
Author, "Director’s Liability Related to Insufficient Financing of the Company," Onderkapitalisatie, Nederlands Juristenblad, 2008