Wendy Nwosu is an associate in the Employment & Compensation Practice Group based in Baker McKenzie's Miami office. She routinely advises companies on equity plans, executive compensation and employment benefits.
Wendy represents employers in a broad range of employment matters. She regularly assists clients with implementing their international equity compensation plans as well as assisting with the design, implementation, taxation, regulatory and other issues related to employee and executive compensation matters
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised numerous US public and private multinationals on equity award considerations in connection with entering new jurisdictions using various employment and engagement structures (e.g., direct local employees, third-party agency employees and contractors).
- Advised late-stage private companies on the rollout of public company equity plans, including employee stock purchase plans, in multiple jurisdictions and assisted with plan and award agreement review, employee tax summaries, securities and exchange control filings and tax withholding and reporting for post-IPO transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Paul C. Perkins Bar Association - Member
- Santa Barbara Barristers - Membership Chair, 2016-2018
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP) - Member
- Global Equity Organization (GEO) - Member
- Florida~United States (2019)
- California~United States (2017)
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD) (2016)
- University of California, Riverside (BS Environmental Science) (2011)
- Co-author, "What's All the Ruckus About ADUs?" Santa Barbara Lawyer, November 2017
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.