Simon Ntah is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Geneva. Prior to joining the Firm in 2020, he was a litigation attorney in Switzerland for over 15 years, focusing on white-collar crime and criminal law.
For more than 10 years, he has held numerous positions within the Geneva Bar Association, including being president of the Young Lawyers' Bar Association and a member of the Executive Council of the Bar Association. These roles allowed him to acquire important experience in team and project management.
Simon has an amassed wealth of experience in the fields of new technologies, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and cybersecurity. He has conducted multiple internal investigations in companies that are active in finance and in new technology, and he regularly assists companies in setting up and constantly adapting their compliance structure.
Simon routinely advises and represents global companies in multijurisdictional investigations and in complex litigations. He has extensive experience in dealing with compliance issues including unfair management, money laundering and corruption. Simon also advises companies regarding cyberattacks and fraud, whether internal or external.
He also has significant experience in litigation related to production and sale in various sectors of the economy, including technology and production companies.
Simon's extensive experience in litigation enables him to anticipate litigation and quickly identify situations that are at risk for the companies he advises and represents.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Swiss pharmaceutical company on an internal investigation involving multiple jurisdictions around the world.
- Advised a financial company on an internal investigation into suspected bribery and money laundering.
- Advised a blockchain company on a major internal investigation in Switzerland and the US.
- Advised a blockchain company on setting up its compliance and legal structure.
- Led the defense team of a financial company in a multijurisdictional litigation involving a multimillion-Swiss franc claim.
- Represented a top executive of a financial institution in criminal proceedings.
- Represented a multinational company, which was a victim of financial crimes, in major criminal proceedings.
- Represented a majority shareholder of a group in litigation against another shareholder in connection with a multimillion-Swiss franc dispute.
- First Prize, Concours Michel Nançoz, 2004
- First Prize, Concours d'éloquence Paris Montréal, 2004
- Cultural Merit of the City of Veyrier, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Former president of the Young Lawyers, Geneva Bar Association
- Former member of the Counsel, Geneva Bar Association
- Member, Geneva Bar Association
- Member, Swiss Bar Association
- Member, Criminal Law Commission of the Geneva Bar Association
- Member, Association genevoise de droit des affaires
- Geneva~Switzerland (2005)
- IMD Business School (Global Management Foundation) (2021)
- University of San Diego (LL.M.) (2007)
- University of Geneva (lic. iur.) (2003)
- University of Utrecht, Netherlands (2003)