Oanh Nguyen has been advising on various aspects of corporate and commercial law for more than 17 years. She has been rated by Chambers Asia as a leading lawyer in Banking & Finance and Projects, Infrastructure & Energy. IFLR 1000 has listed her as a leading lawyer in the areas of Banking & Project Finance and Mergers and Acquisitions. PLC Which Lawyer? has also recommended her for Finance in Vietnam. Ms. Nguyen serves as editor of the monthly Banking and Finance Letter, and has delivered several presentations on foreign investments and M&A in Vietnam.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as the Mandated Lead Arranger for Standard Chartered Bank in providing a USD100 million Syndicated Term Loan Facility for the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam.
- Advised Goldman Sachs in the acquisition of shares of Bao Viet Insurance Co., a state-owned insurance company undergoing equitization.
- Advised a joint syndicate of lenders on extending a term loan facility of USD158 million to finance the development and construction of a container terminal in Vietnam.
- Advising a joint syndicate of lenders on a term loan facility of USD400 million to finance development and construction of a new urban area in the North of Vietnam.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce, Vietnam - HCMC Chapter, Member
- Bar Association of Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam - Member
- Vietnam (1999)
- Academy of American and International Law (Certificate Comparative & International Law) (2000)
- University of Ho Chi Minh City (LL.B.) (1995)
- Hong Kong